Monday, October 8, 2018

To much time.. or to little?

I guess I am opening this up again as a means of expression..or a place to lay dead thoughts or thoughts that have been thought that I wish to grow upon but probably won't circle back around to for a week if not more. I'm not really inviting anyone in particular to read this either but just those who stumble into it. I just need an outlet. And I can't afford paint right now - or clay or the 100 dollar membership that comes with the clay. So this is free and this will work.

Post grad of 4 months now - tried a job - or an internship? which I would like to think of it as since it indeed did not work out. Thats probably where I should start. Rewind 4 months ago, I moved across the country Georgia > Virginia> Tennessee> California to where I accepted a job at a modeling agency as an imaging coordinator. Not exactly sure what I was thinking it was going to be like... the job description was just about as loose and open as it needed to be for me to accept it. So I took it ... and without getting into to much detail I was absolutely miserable. 

I couldn't believe that people did this from 9-6, five days a week. There were moments of complete and utter disbelief that this was what my life had come to and there was no way out. Well there was .. and now I am here.. looking for another job in a field that leaves me with a bit more free time and a better mental attitude. But until then there are questions I hope to explore...
1. What are the flavors of Moroccan food... and do I like it?
2. Can i rekindle the passion that i once had for yoga?
3. Why can't I just enjoy a day off without feeling like I am not doing enough?
4. Is it possible to read beautiful food essays and cook books that aren't vegan as a vegan? 

But really I'm not sure what Moroccan food taste like and I am not sure if the Moroccan lentils I made tonight were truly Moroccan.

I love yoga, but I use to do it everyday, twice a day. Now I roll my mat out here and there.

I had a full day, I was productive but still I feel as if I didn't do enough.

I really want to read this book Home Cooking by Laurie Colwin- but its going to tell me how to cook the perfect chicken... and I don't mind I just won't cook the perfect chicken because I eat plants.

Below is a picture of my Moroccan lentils with beautifully roasted carrots slathered in some fresh chermoula... think warm... think spicy... think wild....





No comments:

Post a Comment