Thursday, July 24, 2014

home bound in alaska

















change, never avoidable and always unknown. like the earth, like the seasons, like the stars, things are always changing. at this point in my life change is constantly happening. at the beginning it was overwhelming, predicting how everything was going to end up. but now, the ride is beautiful and seeing everything fall into place is worth the anxiety at the beginning. 
leaving va beach, the place where i have done a bit of my growing was never going to be easy. leaving to georgia for college in about a month will be exciting but saying good bye to a place i called home will be hard. on top of that my family has moved to alaska. yes, alaska. the last frontier. but after hiking a mountain and seeing wildlife up close and personal i hope to really be able to call this place my home as well when returning for breaks. 
as of right now the home my parents have bought is not move in ready. they are staying on an air force base til then. so my sister and i found a shallow stream next to a field of beautiful wild flowers and it struck up creativity inside of me that has been dying to get out. spur the moment i styled a quick outfit and we charged the freezing cold mountain water stream and had a blast. 
change is scary, i admit i too have grown comfortable with my life and fear the future a tad bit, but being here in alaska, seeing life truly take place, my nerves have been calm and i know that everyone on this beautiful planet is exactly where they are meant to be. i place my hope in destiny in faith, life is beautiful and there is not time to worry.

much peace and love


shirt: free people
skirt: pacsun
shoes: vintage
hat: vintage
belt: vintage
necklace: self made
rings: vintage

1 comment:

  1. Fucking LOVE your blog and pics! You alot better at this than me hahah. I started Rustic GypSeas with my friend at the beginnin of summer and it had alot of potential but my friend never had time to get together for it. I decided yesterday to make my own. Maybe I can venture with you and megan sometime!

    Caroline Jones

    ReplyDelete